Thursday, April 17, 2008

Totally important life changing things in this post....get ready.

So we're going to just side step the 7 days of horrible excrutiating pain that started with the world's worst move from the house to our new apartment in North Hollywood (10 hours!!!) and then moved to me getting violently ill immediately following (yes there was throwing up in a Starbucks bathroom....even Indy's water bowl wasn't safe....sorry buddy) then coming down with the regular flu and then breaking out in hives. Yes. It was awesome. Thank you for asking.

Moving on. Now things are looking up! Once I started feeling like a human being again (that moment of course is marked by me taking a real shower... complete with hair washing and leg shaving...too much?) I started to be able to appreciate all the good things that have come along with this move. Here's a handy list for reference:

1.) saving money on rent (have yet to feel that savings...but it will come soon I'm sure)
2.) extreme proximity to my work (1.7 miles! whoo!)
3.) being able to go home to let Indy out at lunch and STILL meet people for lunch!
4.) being back amongst civilization and not trapped out in the boonies!
5.) Chris' commute has been cut in half thus allowing him to show up at home sooner and less irritable. Happiness ensues.
6.) Indy is being forced to deal with constant encounters with people and other dogs and is going to hopefully, one day, not go completely nuts with excitement upon seeing another doggy.

The whole point of this move (besides being forced out by crazy landlord wench) was to save money while we look for a house...I'm starting to worry that we'll get too comfy and not want to move back to Reseda (basically the only area we can afford to buy). But for the time being I'm just going to sit back, enjoy the beautiful weather, the slow period at work and the extra moola in me pocket! Hurray!

On ANOTHER....WAAAAAAAAAY MORE IMPORTANT NOTE!!!

This Saturday I will be attending the open casting call for Deal or No Deal!!!!!! I know!!! I'm excited TOO!!!!

So I'm fully aware that this is going to burn my entire Saturday and I"m only half way prepared for that. BUT!!! If I end up on Deal or No Deal and win a ton of cold hard cash and get to buy a nice house then it will all be worth it!!!!!! (editors note: this blog is written with complete admittance of my delusions of grandeur)

So here is my very super duper important dilemma: curly or straight hair for the open call? Here's the case for both. I think I, objectively, look better with straight hair. I think it flatters my giant facial features (cough nose cough forehead) but sometimes I think people perceive me as more serious with straight hair. Girls are not as friendly when i have straight hair. Curly hair I think is more approachable, bouncy and friendly. BUT I don't think it looks as good and I'll admit that I am not as confident when meeting new people with curly hair. I want you to know that as I type this I start to feel like I'm being crazy, but as multiple girl friends of mine will admit I am not and that this is a valid query (yes. i said query). So if you find this topic boring or think it falls into the category of stupid girl stuff...I will thank you to visit another blog. Sir.

Ok. What do you think??? (rests hands on chin and stares at screen anxiously awaiting suggestions...then remembers to hit "publish post")

8 comments:

Meghan said...

STRAIGHT.

and duuude! that's so exciting! at first i thought you were going to say you were going to audition to be one of the girls who hold the briefcase. :) but WINNING the money is WAY better!!! good luck!!

but seriously, where it straight. you look amazing with straight hair and if it helps you feel more confident, then even better!

Daniel Lee said...

Do you know anyone who works on Hell's Kitchen? Cuz Kelly and I really want to go and TRY to eat there sometime.
(I know it's just a soundstage and that the chances of us actually getting any food are next to zero, but it would still be fun, right?)

Daniel Lee said...

oh and i vote for curly hair.

Daniel Lee said...

and if you get on the show I want to be one of your family members that you bring along.

"Jessie... you're such a good mom to Indy, and you always think about Chris when shopping for groceries, and you have great taste in movies, so I say... NO DEAL!!!!"

Megan said...

CURLY. I love you with straight hair too, but I HAVE ALWAYS HATED YOU FOR YOUR GORGEOUSLY LUCIOUS CURLY LOCKS and I say, if ya got it, flaunt it. Hair, that is. :)

That is so exciting!! Keep us posted - fuuuuuun!!

TLee said...

Ollie & I vote for you to wear it STRAIGHT. Confidence is everything! That being said, you are ridiculously hot, so either way, you're good to go.

And ummm, Nate & I TOTALLY want to try and eat at Hell's Kitchen, too! Hook it up!

xoxox
TLee

Nathan said...

i vote curly on the right, straight on the left. you should also refer to yourself and use two different names.

Meghan said...

soooo.... how did it go yesterday??? and was your hair curly or straight? ;)