Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Just a general gripe.

It's amazing how your personality can change based on how people perceive you. I went out to lunch with coworkers today and realized just how lost my voice is among this group. Not because I don't talk or share an opinion, but simply because I mean nothing to people so obsessed with themselves that when the words come out of my mouth they enter their ears as a mear "wha wha wha wha wha" (charlie brown voice). Amidst a conversation about cities we would love to live in, San Francisco was mentioned and I said that if my company opened an office in SF that i would claw my way to a position there. It brought up a discussion about the area and as I started talking about the area in which I GREW UP, I was interrupted by someone telling how it is up there. I just wanted to stand up and yell, 'YOU ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING AND SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK!!!". I have now realized that the people I work with will never really know me, nor do they care to. It's a sad realization for someone who likes to make friends at work, although probably nothing new to people who work in big companies where personal and work life are separate. Sigh.

Anyway....as a recap to what's been going on in my life....we rearranged our living room this past weekend and will be painting it most likely this weekend. Pictures to come.

Kickball is going splendidly and we now have a record of 2 wins, 1 loss. Pictures to come.

Indy is cute as ever...we got him a new crate last weekend since he's outgrown his old one. HIs new one is basically a condo and he LOVES it...he actually goes in it all the time now just to hang out. He scraped his paw pad on something, poor guy, but I don't think there's anything I can do about it. I've taught him how to run right next to me and have decided to make him my new exercise buddy- despite how much I HATE running.

Life, overall, is good. I've got my sights set on the backpacking trip we have planned with Nate and Tracy and am looking forward to it more than I can handle. Four days out in the woods away from LA sounds like heaven to me right now...

No comments: