Tuesday, October 16, 2007

AIDS Walk Los Angeles- October 21st, 2007

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." -Winston Churchill


On October 21st (this Sunday!) I will be participating in AIDS Walk Los Angeles. It's something I've done every year since moving here and even was part of a few times in San Jose. AIDS Walk Los Angeles is a 10K walkathon to support AIDS Project Los Angeles and other AIDS service organizations throughout Los Angeles County for men, women and children affected by HIV and AIDS.




It's an amazing event that actually, especially in a city like LA, makes you feel like you're part of a caring and compassionate community. If you have a few bucks laying around (who doesn't??? ) and would like to sponsor me and help me reach (and hopefully exceed) my fundraising goal just copy and paste the following link into your browser

http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/jlee

I know money is tight...it always is (oh LORD do i know money is tight), but every little bit helps and remember...it's tax deductable!!

So I'll leave with a chinese proverb that I found...where else? the internet:

If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day, go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody.
- Chinese proverb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

classifying lesbian predators originate souter pacts entered explored maggiore legitimately companies
lolikneri havaqatsu