Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birds and Boats

I haven't had much luck in the blogging department over the last few days...sometimes it just seems like there's nothing interesting about the things I do on a daily basis. I'm sure you'd all be thrilled to hear more about how I pulled out the ferns that were taking over one of my flower beds and stealing all the water and sun from the beautiful calililys and gardenias. Shove off I told those ferns! Get back to your side of the bed! 


I know...reeeally interesting. I won't make you sit through that blog post...although it did occur to me to take pictures of the plants and create an entire series of Garden Wars....no?


I could also talk about how awesome Indy has been lately and what a great big cuddle bug he is and how I'm really hoping it wasn't just the heat or some weird illness that has been making him less crazy (although still working on that jail break) and more mellow.


Instead I'll show you a video I found on youtube maybe a year ago. I'm not even sure how I stumbled on this cover of "Boats and Birds" by Gregory and the Hawk since I wasn't familiar with the original...but I have to say...I like this version better. I've since done a lot of searches for other covers and I have to say all of them pale in comparison. There is something about the gentleness and vulnerability in this girls voice that I find beautiful.



No comments: