Friday, July 13, 2007

The Update

Since a lot has happened in the last few months before I decided to start this blog (still not sure if this is a good idea) I should probably bring us all up to speed on what's been going on. Chris and I moved into a house that we are renting in Reseda. It's a great place for us to be right now and despite the ridiculous cost of rent and paying for our own trash and sewer, I am happier in this house than I have been anywhere in LA. It's wonderful to not share walls with anyone and to be able to pull into my own driveway...not to mention how much I've been missing a backyard!!

Chris is still working at the Ant Farm as an assistant editor for movie trailers and TV spots. I think he likes it but is antsy and chomping at the bit to become an editor. As of December 2006 I have been working for Pie Town Productions as a Casting Associate Producer for an HGTV real estate show. It's been decent work and most importantly a steady paycheck and as of a couple weeks ago found out I'm being promoted to Segment Producer! I'm a little nervous about all the new details I'll be responsible for, but am excited for the challenge...and even more excited about the new paycheck!

The biggest news in the last few months has been the addition of a new member to our family...or as my godfather would say...the addition of our first freeloader. A big reason Chris and I both wanted to move into a house was our desire to get a puppy!! On May 2nd Chris sent me pictures of the cutest puppy ever!!!





I immediately filled out the application for the little sucker and got a phone call from the rescue agency. That Saturday Chris and I went to meet the scruffers and instantly fell in love. After what seemed like a lengthy process, including a home visit where they checked out our 'situation', we finally were able to pick up our bundle of love a week after first seeing his picture online. We've named him Indy.....short for Indiana. He's a boxer mix and when we got him he was probably less 13 or 14 weeks old and weighed about 20 pounds. 2 months later he weighs between 45 and 50lbs. He's enormous!! Check out his pictures!


This was the first day we met him at a Petco in West Hollywood!








Our first night at home with him!









About a month later...he just curled up in my lap and fell asleep...what a snuggle bug!



We've had our crazy moments where I just don't think I can handle it anymore...the teething, the digging, the chewing, but I love this dog so much and I can't imagine coming home and not seeing him peeking around the corner wagging his tail so excited to see me. He's incredibly smart and already knows how to sit, lay down, shake hands, give high five, crawl, stay and can even box! That's our boy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, dear child. It's good to have you with us here, away from the dark side...Your freeloader friend is very cute and hopefully will not eat you out of house and home. As experienced pet owners, we know what it's like to love the beasts that are slowly pushing you towards bankruptcy court...Congrats on the new job and new casa...We love you!

Anonymous said...

its my nephew! :) can't wait for him to meet my "freeloaders!"