Thursday, March 5, 2009

Botany Fail

This is one of those kits where they provide you with the bulbs and soil and detailed two step instructions. It even says on the box "there is virtually no way to fuck this up". Nature really does all the work....and you should have a beautiful plant that looks like this:


...and yet I have proceeded to create this Frankenstein of a plant. I have no idea what I did.It started out in my kitchen, but I've moved it outside to see if that would help. It hasn't. It's not wilty or droopy. It's just growing like that...with little bits of dying sprinkled on top for an added kick to my maternal instinct. I should not be trusted to care for living things...namely children...I heard once that you don't even get two step instructions with them.

4 comments:

Daniel Lee said...

Oooh, bad post for me to read just as Kelly and I are looking for Tristan's first babysitter so we can go see Watchmen.

Angie said...

Mom and I will watch him!!!

Angie said...

Jess, plants can't tell you what's up. Kids can. No problemo. Don't worry about what kind of mom you'd be -- You'll be awesome!

Anonymous said...

so... i take it from your post title you read failblog!! best site on the net..